As a Business Intermediary, due diligence in the Buy/Sell process brings with it a great deal of importance and need for understanding by all parties involved.
- As a Buyer you must be astute to the industry you are pursuing to assure all angles have been investigated.
- You also have to be well aware so you do not get wrapped up in trivial things that bog you down and are probably not considered noteworthy to the transaction.
- Be open with all aspects and findings as early as possible in the discussions. Put things on the table for discussions at the onset to reduce headaches at the latter stages.
- Communication, communication, communication cannot be overstated! Enough said.
- The valuation at the front end of any Buy/Sell process must be done with scrutiny and common sense to assure a Seller receives the highest reasonable amount for their business.
Please read the full article, Five Due Diligence Pitfalls and How to Avoid Them.